Saturday, June 12, 2010

FOR THE MOMENT

Fo shizzle HSA's geting his lazyass back on a desktop. "For The Moment, 'FTM' " is another entry that confusingly deals with whatever I've been accompanying with while I'm bored or out of control - depends on different circumstances and each emotional landslides of mine. So you know, if the entry doesn't make sense, you will probably know why - because The Definition of Subterranean HomesickAlienn is Kinda Messed Up. So I am starting the first one with some tunes that got me into it FTM.

M.I.A. - Steppin' Up



Get it on again babygurlllll (no awkwardness though she's like a decade older than me) This sounds so much similar to what I expected after hearing Diplo stating "New M.I.A.'s album is WEIRD and HEAVY" and yes, it was around the time that "Born Free" was digitally released and before XXXO interrupted a bit of my fanatic nerve. "Steppin' Up" is a fast-and-furious-ish mixed-up version of "Bird Flu" and "Bamboo Banga" and it just sounds sooooooo cool (right? I'm not biased, right? right? :DD) Undoubtedly it becomes a big fan-favorite around the globe in less than 10 minutes after it's aired on the radio. So now it got me pissed on my pants anticipating the full album...

Chiddy Bang - Truth



Truth is... I once misunderstood this band (or maybe better refer as a duo) as British, in fact they are originally American. Well I didn't mean to subtextize the sentence saying Brit tune are creatively sicker than that of the US's (of course there are exceptions), but should we disguise our feeling :P Chiddy Bang got a fantastic album I'd say and this is by far my most admired track of them. Even though it couldn't surpass the success of their previous MGMT sampling hit "The Opposite of Adult", This Passion Pit sampling track is still pretty interesting. It's catchy and quite entertaining :DD as we can sense that from now on your boy next door's mixed tape can reach a success in delivering good combination between electronic music and those rhymes without getting you annoyed or saying "boy, you've been trying too hard on nothin'..."

2 comments: